Online reviews can help people make purchasing decisions while allowing you to earn referral fees, or member commissions. To do this, you can start a review site for a specific niche or you can add a review section to your existing blog.
Why create a measurement website
What is the first thing you do when you plan to buy a product online?
If you're like most of us, then check out the online reviews of the appropriate products to get a sense of what others think and are impressed by. That's why one popular online review site, TripAdvisor, is worth a whopping $8.5 billion, and while individual operations may not be able to surpass TripAdvisor in size, we know that there are many people who run individual review sites and earn anywhere from a few hundred to tens of thousands of dollars a month.
There are two popular methods for creating measurement sites.
- Launch a completely independent online assessment site
- Adding a measurement section to an existing WordPress blog
Whichever direction you choose, it's important not to choose a niche that is highly competitive. For example, there are many sites talking about digital cameras, but very few review sites talking about camera accessories. The secret to building a successful review site is to find the right niche. The perfect niche should have low competition, so you will be able to continue to be passionate. Here are some important factors to consider.
- What resources can you provide to attract traffic?
- Can you easily attract advertisers?
- Does the merchant of your choice have a membership program?
- Are others making money in this niche?
- What is the competitive situation in this field?
You can use tools such as SEMRush, KWFinder, Google Keyword Planner and others to help with research.
1. Launch a WordPress website
Before launching your website, you need to choose the right blogging platform, of course WordPress is the first choice, but there are actually two different kinds of WordPress. the first is a restricted hosting platform WordPress.com, and the second is the popular WordPress.org, also known as self-hosted WordPress. when people talk about When people talk about WordPress, they are usually referring to WordPress.org, to understand the specific differences, check out this article of ours.
We recommend using WordPress.org because it offers complete freedom, allows you to create any type of website, and gives you direct access to all the features of WordPress. We have created a series of tutorials to guide you in creating a successful WordPress website on each platform, and you can choose one of them to use for reference according to your preferences:.
- How to create a WordPress website
2. choose the perfect assessment topic
The first step after setting up your website is to choose the perfect WordPress theme, when you search for the best WordPress review themes online, you may come across several options which are able to offer full review features, however, you should avoid using them at all costs.
In fact, you don't need a custom review template, most WordPress review themes are bundled marketing, you have to install a bunch of bundled plugins according to their designed rules, no flexibility, no customization, no way to be different, and you may end up with a website with no features.
Instead, you only need to install the best measurement plugins, as plugins can be used with almost any theme of your choice. In the future, you will always have the flexibility to modify the theme without having to hire a developer.
- 47+ WordPress free themes recommended
- 21+ WordPress review themes recommended
3. install the best measurement plug-in
Now that your website is ready, it's time to add the measurement feature. We will use a plugin to add SEO (Search Engine Optimization) good measurements in order to make it easier for search engines and users to find your website.
The first thing you need to do is install and activate the WP Product Review plugin, which is free to use with all the basic features, however, you may need to pay to unlock some useful advanced features such as product comparison tables, Amazon Affiliate integration, multiple templates, etc.
WP Product Review is very easy to use and can add structured data or rich summary information to help you be more recognizable in the search results pages:.
Summary information in Google search
After activating the plugin, you will see a new menu item in your WordPress dashboard called Product Review, click on it to open the plugin's settings page at
The settings page is divided into several different sections, first of all, you need to make the general settings.
- Selecting the location of the measurement box, with three options available: after the article content, before the article content, and manually added via shortcode.
- Whether to add user comments as product reviews and, if allowed, also to select the impact of user comments on the actual review results.
- Set the measurement display options, number of pros/cons. By default, the plugin allows you to list 5 advantages and 5 disadvantages, but you can adjust it as needed.
- Another important option is to enable the measurement article type, basically, this plugin can convert any article or page into a measurement. However, some users may want to separate reviews from articles and pages, the default option is No. If you are not sure, you can leave it unchanged.
Now go to the Rating colors tab in Settings, where you can define the default colors for ratings. wp Product Review uses different colors for the 4 ratings: excellent, good, medium and poor, and you can change the colors to match the theme design.
Next, click on the Typography tab in the settings, where you can choose the default text for the Pros and Cons column and also change the text color for the different sections.
Then there is the Buy button tab, where you can set the color used for the buy button.
Finally, there is the Statistics Clear tab for resetting the visitors' product reviews. After making sure all settings are correct, don't forget to click the Save All Changes button.
4. Add measurements in WordPress
It's easy to add reviews to your website using WP Product Review, and there are two ways to help you do this.
- Add a new article type called Review and create this type of article
- Add measurements to any WordPress post or page
Either way, adding a review in WordPress is the same. If you have enabled the review post type, then you will need to go to Reviews → Add New to add a review, just like writing any other post. In the Documents tab on the right, you will find the option labeled Is this post a review, and enabling it will reveal the option to add a product review at
First, you need to provide detailed information about the product, such as images, buttons, products, links, prices, etc..
After that, you need to add specific features and the level score for the corresponding feature, and if needed, you can click the Add another option button to add more features.
Next, add advantages and disadvantages.
When you're done, simply save or publish your article. You can now visit this article to see the measurement box being used.
Note: If you are still using the older classic editor, you can find the product review area below the article editor.
5. make money through the evaluation website
Review sites are a good way to earn passive income, and there are many ways you can make money with a review site.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing allows you to earn commissions for referring products, when users click on your referral links and buy the specified products. In order to find great products in each niche, you need to join large affiliate networks such as Amazon Associates, Rakuten Linkshare, Commission Junction, Jingdong Affiliate, Taobao Affiliate, etc.
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing
- The best advertising affiliate recommendations
- The best WordPress affiliate marketing plugins recommended
Most websites on the Internet earn revenue by displaying ads, and you get paid when a user clicks on an ad on the site. The easiest way to display ads on a measurement site is to join Google AdSense, which gives you access to thousands of advertisers who are looking for a targeted audience.
- How to add Google AdSense in WordPress
3. Paid Assessment
This is a more direct method of advertising that cuts out the middleman, where you directly contact companies that want to review their products, then test their products and write honest opinions to get paid. However, this method requires a lot of publicity, and the level of income depends on the quality of your reviews.
6. Taking the measurement website to the next level
WordPress is a powerful platform that gives you access to thousands of amazing plugins to easily extend your own measurement site. Here are some of the basic plugins that you can install immediately.
- Pretty Links : enables you to hide member links and easily add, manage and edit various complex links in WordPress.
- WPForms: the best contact form plugin that allows you to quickly create beautiful forms using a simple drag-and-drop editor.
- Yoast SEO: the most comprehensive SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plugin on the market to help you attract more traffic from search engines.
- MonsterInsights: enables you to easily install Google Analytics in WordPress and display easy-to-understand analytics reports to understand where visitors are coming from and which measurements are most popular. It also helps you track outbound member links so you can improve your marketing strategy.
- OptinMonster: Ever see a coupon pop-up when viewing a product review? OptinMonster is the best pop-up plugin that allows you to create such windows and control the timing of the pop-up at will.